Due to the implementation of the referential modification of the “Law of Information Society Services” (LSSICE) established by Royal Decree 13/2012, it is mandatory to obtain the express consent of the user of all web pages that use session cookies, before the user navigates through them.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies, such as local shared objects, flash cookies, or pixels, are tools used by Web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors, as well as to offer the proper functioning of the site.
By using these devices, the Web server is allowed to remember some information concerning the user, such as their preferences for viewing the pages of that server, their name and password, products that interest them most, etc.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY THE LEGISLATION AND EXEMPT COOKIES
According to the EU directive, cookies that require informed consent by the user are analytical cookies and advertising and affiliation cookies, except those of a technical nature and those necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
There are five major groups of types of cookies:
- Analytical cookies: collect information on the use of the website.
- Social cookies: those required for external social networks.
- Affiliate cookies: allow you to track visits from other websites, with which the website establishes an affiliation contract (affiliate companies).
- Advertising and behavioural cookies: they collect information about the preferences and personal choices of the user (re-targeting).
- Technical and functional cookies: they are strictly necessary for the use of the website and for the provision of the contracted service.
COOKIES THAT ARE USED ON THIS WEBSITE
- Session PHP (it is not possible to know the name because PHP assigns a different one in each visit)